Sunday, October 31, 2010

Muddy: Databases


Learning a new program : Access


It's prretty difficult the first go-around for a new program. Especially if you have never worked with databases or anything even like that.
The concepts were pretty easy to understand, but I think this video puts it in plain English.
In the lecture, the program was not put in the simplest language possible.

In business, it's important to fully understand a program. Or at least what you need to do on that program. Software like Photoshop is so vast that most users only use about 1% of it. I am guessing Access is similar. It seems complex, but once you start making reports, forms and relating tables together, I'm sure it get's easier.

About.com has a plethora of tutorials to choose from and walks you step-by-step.
Tutorialized.com has many tutorials that actually refer you back to YouTube videos but does not navigate you away from the page.
Finally, on Functionx.com there is an extensive list on the left side that brings you to a great text and graphic breakdown of table, forms and everything in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment